Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 4th Grade!
Please feel free to contact me at the following e-mail at email@example.com and/or leave a phone message at (480) 982-1110 ext. I am excited to be a part of your child's learning and look forward to a great year.
You can visit our classroom blog at Mrs. Mortenson's Blog.
- As a fourth grade team, we highly encourage at least 20 minutes of reading at home, either out loud to a parent/sibling or read to self.
- I send home on Monday a reading worksheet along with vocabulary words to complete. On Wednesday, math review homework is sent home in your child's homework folder.
- Please check and sign your child's agenda each night.
- I use positive encouragement to elicit behavior conducive to a learning environment. I spend time with a student finding other ways to curb behavior that may be impeding the learning of others to foster a learning environment. There may be times a note home or phone call will be used to keep the lines of communication open so that your child has every opportunity to be successful in 4th grade.
Bathroom and Water:
- Please make sure your child has a water bottle to bring to school every day. I allow them to sit on the desks for them to sip at while working independently.
- The students have before school, during lunch, at Specials time, and after school to use the restroom. As long as students are at independent work time (I am not teaching a lesson), then they may quietly use the restroom. We have a lot of collaboration and independent work time, so they have the opportunity to use the bathroom throughout the day.
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." ~B.B. King