Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Music Education University of Illinois Champaign, IL 2 yrs Trumpet Performance The American Conservatory of Music Chicago, IL
William (Bill) Danser
My name is Bill Danser and I am happy and excited to be the new Band Director here at Cactus Canyon JHS for 2019-2020,
We have 3 Bands at Cactus Canyon. Wind Ensemble, Concert Band and Jazz Band. The Wind Ensemble is designed for mostly 8th grade members who have been playing for a few years. The Concert Band is mostly for the 7th grade. The Jazz Band is for students interested in the great American music.
Through the Band Ensembles here at CCJH we will strive to provide a musical environemt with high behavioral and performance standards. All of our efforts at the MS are designed to prepare members for High School Band.
I have a saying I picked up from my High School Band Director: "If you are in a music rehearsal room you are doing something special" One of the main objectives of Band is to develop amazing young adults through a shared musical environment. Musical experiences can be some of the most memorable and will help students learn many important life skills. The cooperative attitude, selflessness, focus and determination they will learn to be successful in rehearsals and performances will help students in all aspects of their school work and in life. And as a bonus the friendships born in the rehearsal room and performance stage can last a lifetime.
I am looking forwrd to a fantasic 2019-2020!
State Fair Trip and Fundraiser
State Fair Performance (Mandatory)
All members of the CCJH Bands will be performing at the State Fair on Wednesday October 23rd.
This is a ½ Day for Teacher Professional Development.
Students will be excused from class at 9:55 AM
9:55 AM Lunch
10:10 Meet in Band Room Load cases and equipment on Busses
10:30 Depart CCJH for Fair
11:30 Arrive at Fairgrounds and unload
12 PM Choir, Orchestra and Band perform. Load cases and equipment onto the bus.
1 PM Students with chaperones free to enjoy the fair
4:30 Meet at Busses and depart
5:30 Arrive at CCJH
- All students need to return a permission slip signed by a parent/guardian.
- Performance is at the North Coliseum Community Stage
- Admission is Free for students and chaperones. Students will need spending money for the Fair
- Dress is Band TShirt, jeans (no rips or holes) and tennis shoes.
- All students will ride the bus to the event. If parents/guardian need to take students after the performance you must see Mr Danser. Only legal parent or guardian with ID will be able to take students from the Fair. Mr Danser will need to see the student and parent/guardian together prior to leaving and have a signed note stating they are taking responsibility for the student.
- All valuable items are the responsibility of the student.
Coyote Coupons Fundraiser!
Students have received information for the Coyote Coupon Fundraiser we are doing with the Choir and Orchestra . The coupon booklets have literally $100’s of dollars of savings at a cost of $20. For each book sold the Band will receive $10. This is a very good return for any fundraiser and the books really do have fantastic savings.
- Each Student receives a Booklet as a demo, tri-fold info flyers and a log sheet for sales. Demo Books can be sold or need to be returned. (If damaged/not sellable student is responsible for the $20)
- The goal for sales is 5 books per student
- Students collect $20 from customers, log the information and turn the $ to Mr Danser for Books to bring to the customers.
- Fundraiser final day is Friday September 27 (all money and books to be returned)
- The top seller in the Band will get 2 Renaissance Fair tickets and parking passes