Looking at this picture of hot air balloons a thousand (well maybe 20) questions pop into my head. Here are just a few of them:
- How big is the balloon?
- What is the balloon material made of?
- How many people will the balloon basket hold?
- What time of year is it?
- What was the temperature that day?
- What time of day is it?
- Does the temperature affect the flight?
- How does the balloon pilot know when to add more hot air?
- How does the balloon float in the air?
As you consider other questions to ask about this photo, keep in mind that you will be learning about various ways to describe the objects and substances that make up not just the balloons you seen in the picture, but all the other things as well.