Art and Advanced Art Syllabus
480-677-7565 Ext. 5443
Art Room Expectations:
C - Cougar Pride (always have it!)
R - Respect (yourself, each other, and supplies)
E - Evaluate the situation
A - Act like a good human being :)
T - Think for yourself
E - Expect your best
***School wide rules apply in the Art Room too!!***
Art Room Procedures:
Coming into the Art Room-
- Come into class quietly and on time
- Make sure you are wearing your mask
- Get your folder
- Put your backpack away
- Start your Weekly Sketch or Project
- Must be worn whenever a student is within 6 feet of another human
- Must be worn inside buildings at all times
- May be removed when eating or drinking
- May be removed when outside and 6 feet apart
Getting students’ attention -
- Ring bell
- Eyes on teacher (so I know you’re listening)
- Voices off
- Materials down
Getting supplies -
- Do not share supplies unless necessary
- Wash your hands OR use hand sanitizer before getting supplies
- Return supplies to the used area or bin
- I will clean them before the next class
If you finish early -
- Free draw (draw whatever you want)
- Do a coloring page
- Do work from another class
- Help me clean supplies
Cleaning up - Last 5-10 minutes of class
- Put away artwork
- Put away supplies
- Clean up area (table and floor)
- Wash hands or use sanitizer - turn sink on SLOWLY
- Sit in chair and wait for dismissal
- Table and floor are clean
- Supplies are put away
- Student is sitting in their chair
- Dismissed by teacher
Can be used for:
- Looking up reference images for artwork
- Participating in class activities that require technology (ex. Kahoot)
- Listening to music while working
- Should not be used while Ms. Baumann is teaching
Can only be used in ART for these activities - if another teacher says you can’t use technology this way in their room that is their rule and you must respect that!
- Ask permission to leave - 1 person at a time
- Sign out with Name, Date, and Time
- If someone is in the restroom, wait outside until they are done
- Referral (Office)
Let’s Have A Great Quarter!!!!
All Projects will be graded using a grading rubric - See grading rubric attached
The grading rubric has 5 categories:
- Completion - Is the project finished? Or could it be worked on more?
- Craftsmanship - How neat is the artwork? Did the student take their time? Does the student know how to use the materials?
- Creativity - Is the artwork completely original? Did the student use their own ideas, prior knowledge and personal experiences to make this artwork?
- Project Requirements - Does the project meet the requirements?
- Effort - Did the student work the whole class time? Did they try their best?
There are 20 points possible for each category for a total of 100 points.
- Sketch of the Week is worth: 20 points
- 5 points for using most of the paper
- 5 points for coloring or shading
- 5 points for fitting the theme
- 5 points for turning in
Mrs. Allison Baumann
Email Any Time (preferred) I have my e-mail on my cell phone, so I always have access to it.
Call Any Time - May not return call immediately, but as soon as possible.
Meetings by appointment only -
Best times are before or after school.
Telephone #: (480) 677-7560 ext. 5443