Important Events/Periods in History Project
Important Events/Periods in History
Choose a historical topic from the list below. Create a 10-15 slide presentation on Google Apps or other presentation software. Include images which would help your audience to visualize and understand your topic. Some areas you may want to cover in your presentation include, but are not limited to:
I. What was the event/historical period?
II. When did it take place?
III. Where did it take place?
IV. How did it occur? What happened? (Details of event/period)
V. Who was involved?
VI. What impact did this event/period have on the modern world?
VII. Interesting facts surrounding the event/period…
VIII. What occurred that led up to the event/period? (Relevant history prior to event/period)
IX. Why should we care about this event/period?
X. What modern event(s) or events in history you could you compare to this event/period?
XI. What makes your event/period significant?
List of Topics
1. Civil Rights Amendments (13-15)
2. Reconstruction (KKK/Jim Crow)
3. Transcontinental Railroad
4. Great Chicago Fire
5. Custer’s Last Stand
6. Statue of Liberty
7. National Park System (Yellowstone)
8. Women’s Suffrage Movement
9. World War I
11. Great Depression
12. Hindenburg Disaster
14. Panama Canal
15. Mount Rushmore
16. Flu Pandemic of 1918
17. Ellis Island/Immigration
18. Dust Bowl
19. Spanish-American War
20. Amelia Earhart/Charles Lindbergh
21. Pearl Harbor
22. Rise of Nazi Germany/Kristallnacht
23. Bolshevik Revolution (1917)
24. Discovery of King Tut’s Tomb (1922)
26. 1867 Purchase of Alaska
27. Plessy v. Ferguson (Supreme Court Case)
28. Klondike Gold Rush
29. Professional Baseball's Beginnings (1869)
30. Progressive Era
31. New Deal
32. Hoover Dam
33. St. Valentine's Day Massacre
* Topics not listed here may be submitted for approval